Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mini Me....

I was browsing around sites when i came about Keith Louit's Beach Tilt Shift Stop Motion video on Vimeo. Now since I'm no expert on tilt shifting, I suggests you go read up on it like I do. Go wiki tilt shift or google tilt shift. 

Tilt shift the internet until you know what it is. Then maybe you can give me a quick tutorial on it.

To take real tilt shift photos you'll need some real expensive tilt shift gear. Unfortunately for noobs like me, thats not going to be an option. Even a DIY tilt shift lense would probably still cost a bomb.

So whats left? Photoshop of course. You can recreate the tilt shift effect right from your desk. There are guides to do this using Photoshop and GIMP. If you are too darn lazy to even do that I've even found a website that lets you tilt shift on the fly. The website is at TiltShiftMaker. How about that? Cool huh?


First attempt using GIMP

Using TiltShiftMaker

Using TiltShiftMaker

Using TiltShiftMaker

Using TiltShiftMaker


No comments: